Monday, February 18, 2008

On Kool-Aid Drinking and Looking Beyond.

Check out what Blue Gal said On The Whole Obama Cult thing.

What she said, and said better.

I'm not drinking anyone's kool-aid. I know better. Obama gets a brief honeymoon period from me from now until the election in November, assuming he wins the Democratic nomination. After election, if that occurs, he gets 100 days to get something actually accomplished. If he does not, I will begin to grumble. He gets two months after that to get stuff done, and if he still hasn't gotten anything done by that point, then I'll really start screaming. I will not be the only one. That's called holding your elected officials accountable for their actions and their promises.

I felt the same way about the Congressional Elections of November 2006 and I will respond the same way to them if he acts the same way they did then and have acted up until this point.

Here's what Eugene Robinson said on Saturday about the actions of one Clinton, Bill and Clinton, Hillary.

What he said, and what goes along with what I said then.

Here's what Paul of Tarsus said,

“Love is patient; love is kind
and envies no one.

Love is never boastful, nor conceited, nor rude;
never selfish, not quick to take offense.

There is nothing love cannot face;
there is no limit to its faith,
its hope,
and endurance.

In a word, there are three things that last forever:
faith, hope, and love;
but the greatest of them all is love.”

Here's what Thom Yorke of Radiohead said,



Here's what I say to certain Kossacks.

I'm a reasonable man
Get off
Get off
Get off my case
.

After years of waiting
Nothing came

And you realize you're looking
looking in the wrong place

2 comments:

Westcoast Walker said...

Thom Yorke is my favourite 21st century prophet.

Batocchio said...

Hey, Thom can't even vote in this election, you cultist! ;-)