Thursday, November 02, 2006

Therapy (a break from politics for a change)

Lots of people out there apparently need someone to talk to.

People tell me EVERYTHING about their personal lives when they call in to register complaints about their cellular service.

My job is very stressful in many ways, but particularly stressful in that I realize how many people out there feel as though material possessions (to wit, a new cell phone) will somehow compensate for the shambles that is their own life.

A customer who called in the other day summarizes the Southern mentality perfectly.


CUSTOMER: One of my friends has downloaded a ringtone that sings a song about smoking two joints. That is so asinine. I don't want to have that on my phone. I mean, I smoke pot too, but I don't want my minister overhearing it.

My friends smoked about an ounce of pot when I went to go visit them this weekend. They didn't want to do anything but just sit there and smoke. I'm not as young as I used to be. I'm thirty-three now and they should be old enough to know better.


So my advice to all of you out there...GET A THERAPIST. Or just find someone to talk to. You obviously need it.

1 comment:

Fran / Blue Gal said...

very funny post. you could write a book about your customers. Customer service is a non-stop laff riot, primarily because you're dealing with human beings.

I didn't know you were that old. Being too busy, you know, for blogging is usually reserved for twenty somethings. I'll bet she's twenty something.

I'll be back tomorrow and expect more and better.