Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanks-getting

(JOKE)

Person 1: I can't believe people go out to shop on the day after Thanksgiving.
Person 2: I know! It's so crowded!

Person 1: So what time are we leaving?

I once worked retail and I hate the day after Thanksgiving. This is the mantra of anyone ever unfortunate enough to have to slog away when everyone else is out trying to cram themselves into the same enclosed place as everyone else at the same time.

I don't get it, really, but then again I never got the point of trying to cram as many people as possible into a phone booth. The whole idea of big crowds in small places is enough to give me a panic attack. The sardines approach wasn't really attractive to me.

Three Main Reasons Not to Shop on the Day after Thanksgiving.

1. Avoid B musicians and actors specially hired for the occasion.
2. Avoid the thrill of waiting to leave a parking deck for two hours.
3. Avoid at least five people you could live the rest of your life without ever needing to see in person ever again.

No comments: