This blog tends to be of the ain't it awful activist variety, so I would just like to pause one fast moment to be thankful. Thanksgiving is coming on very shortly and I have much to be thankful for.
- I am thankful for good friends. One of them is Chance Hunter. His blog is Making Chutney.
- I am thankful for a fresh start in Atlanta
- I am thankful for a progressive church which calls itself out when appropriate and makes needed reforms; I am thankful for a church where liberal is used in good sense and irony is understood.
- I am thankful for a successful re-invention of myself in a bigger town.
- I am thankful for Blue Gal , who has mentored me and served as the voice of reason and sanity for me, particularly when I was in a much darker point in my life.
- I am thankful that the USA elected a Democratic majority Congress, thereby making my year.
Several UU friends are coming out to see me tonight and I am thankful for their being in my life.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!