Saturday, September 13, 2008

In Other News

According to someone who left a comment, I

a) Am "So Oregon"
b) Smoke a copious amount of pot, but not too much
c) Am worthy of ridicule for both of those things

In reality,

a) I live in Alabama, but I guess I'm so Oregon if you count my sister who lives in Portland
b) I haven't smoked pot in three years
c) Consider myself well beyond the stereotypical bohemian sort. I assume the comment was left about my song choice and quite frankly, most people can't play Velvet Underground songs at all because Lou Reed often uses a very inventive kind of alternate guitar tuning. Most stoners I know wouldn't be motivated enough to figure it out for themselves.
d) Good try, though. If you need me to point out some easy targets for self-parody, I'll be glad to assist you.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I can't believe anyone had anything negative to say about that amazing song "I'll Be Your Mirror" and you. I am like Sigourney Weaver in Aliens when I believe an injustice has occured!!
I commented that YOU singing that song was SO amazing and it reduced me to a blubbering pile of mush. Thanks Kevin! :-)
So whomever had anything not nice to say? You stop it!

Love,
Gail
peace.....