Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You Must Be Joking

While perusing jobs again, I was struck by one particular qualification. Pardon me if it seems a bit, well, unnecessarily exclusive in scope.

__________________

Qualifications:

Minimum of two years of college coursework or equivalent experience required

One to three years of research experience required

Exceptional written and verbal communication skills

Ability to work independently and in a team environment

Efficient with regard to using computer programs such as Word, Excel, etc.

Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines

Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people in a a professional manner

Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner

Thorough knowledge of animal rights issues

Adherence to a vegetarian lifestyle

Commitment to the objectives of the organization


____________________

So, let me get this straight. You can be a well-qualified candidate, but if you aren't a vegetarian, then you don't quite fit the profile? Does this sound a bit unfair to you? Is this even legal?

*The job in question is with PETA. I will say no more.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Kevin-

Mind boggling.

Gail
peace,,,,

Diggitt said...

I know it's not the right comment, but ... why would a meat-eater want to work for PETA? I'm a vegetarian and even a tight job market wouldn't persuade me to surround myself with them.

Conrad Strong said...

That's a first and absurd. I would take the job and eat my cheeseburgers in the closet.

Anonymous said...

I'm a vegetarian but not a very strict one ... I eat meat.