Thursday, July 09, 2009

Extreme Amusement

Those of you who have been reading this for the past several months know that from time to time I've posted the often-bizarre job listings I've encountered during my lengthy search.

Today's laugh is a job for a receptionist. Naturally, it wasn't posted as such, instead it was listed as one of the most deviously clever euphemisms I have ever heard. The phrase used instead was "Director of First Impressions". I'm not sure who they were trying to impress--the potential applicant or the boss of the company.

3 comments:

Karlo said...

And who's job is it to make up the euphemisms? It's funny how everyone gets to be the director of something. I feel sorry for the poor guy who's the only in the company being directed around all day.

jadedj said...

You gotta love the corporate brain.

Anonymous said...

And I AM a receptionist!

Do I get the six figure salary that I should think goes with a fancy title like that?

Hell no!