Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Simple Request

Readership,

Feeling that politics and other such banter are the sole domain of this blog, I deliberately try to keep my personal feelings out of this.

So pardon me this once when I break my own rule. To wit, today is day thirty-four of discontinuation. With every subsequent day, the withdrawal is more and more intense. Keeping it together has been a huge endeavor. There's little to nothing I can do about it other slog and claw and scrape and fight my way through it, which is what I have done consistently in my life. All is not doom, but I'm feeling very discouraged at the moment.

The best way I can put it to you is this: contemplate the worst bout of the flu you've ever had. Remember, if you dare, the worst day of it. Remember the sort of desperation you felt that you would never get better. Yet, all the time you told yourself that this was likely the worst day; you knew full well the next day would not nearly be as painful.

For those of you who are the praying sorts, I ask you kindly for your prayers. I need strength in times like these.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CK -

Keep the faith, we are all rooting for you in these dark days of yours. I have no idea what you are going through, so I cannot offer any advice. Just know that I am wishing you all the best, and all the strength you need to make it.

Best regards,

Tengrain

Fran said...

You know that I am praying for you and that I send you my every good thought and wish. This is something beyond my own experience, but as I can walk with you in this circle of bloggers, I walk with you.

Peace and healing brother-
FranIam

joshhill1021 said...

I am with both Fran and Tengrain in offering my best wishes to you. I have not had to experience what you have, but I am impressed that you have been able to keep as strong as you have. Keep on going and when i talk to God, I will let her know to keep an eye on you.

Anonymous said...

keep the faith by jon bon jovi. All things or problems can be solve by simple being honest... Only the truth can set u free, acceptance is the key... Dont prolong the wait or agony, for the longer it wud take u 2 finally open it myt be 2 late.. Dont judge what wud be their or hes or her reaction or the wud be verdict, not all are the same.