Sunday, February 25, 2007
In Honor of the Gay Super Bowl
Ah yes, the Oscars. Allow me to set forth an almost jaw-breaking yawn.
Let me put forth a few humorous/pertinent quotes from Oscar Wilde.
Wikiquote.org is to thanks for these.
1. Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
2. And, after all, what is a fashion? From the artistic point of view, it is usually a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.
3. No great artist ever sees things as they really are. If he did, he would cease to be an artist.
4. There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
5. Genius lasts longer than beauty.
6. To be popular one must be a mediocrity.
and for the sake of humility.
Life is far too important to be taken seriously.