Monday, February 19, 2007

I've Mentioned This Before, but

I don't see faith as a static, fixed point. Indeed, it seems to evolve over time.

And I am leaving behind my quarter-life crisis and all of the angst attached to it. Thus, my fervor and idealism have been muted to gentle pragmatism. I think I'm going to curtail my devotion to social justice and focus on my own spiritual development--see where that takes me.

You can't control the reactions of others around you. You can only control your reactions to your immediate environment. I take this as a mantra of sorts as I move forward into another part of my life. Minus the male pattern baldness, I am looking forward to it.

I'm not lost anymore. My self-esteem has never been higher. I am beginning to love myself, which is the first step.

No comments: