Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Editor's Note: I have many errands to do since I have returned home so posting is going to be less substantial than normal. Thanks for your patience!
______________



Though my mother's father was 100% Irish and as a result I retain many of the physical features of the country, including brownish-red hair and a generally pale complexion, I've never really known how to properly celebrate this holiday. My family never made much of a deal out of ethnic pride---most of my immediate relatives were either too busy making money or working at a textile mill. It seems most people, regardless of ancestry use it as an excuse to go to a party and get severely drunk.

At any rate, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all those who celebrate it.
______________________

And an unrelated performance video for you as well.

1 comment:

Batocchio said...

Have a Irish seven course meal - a six-pack and a potato.

;-)