Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Preserve Your Memories, There's All That's Left You

We are equally confused on a daily basis and I believe we can all agree to that sentiment, no matter what our theological leanings might be.

Let me share two passages with you today.

Blessed are the meek
for they shall inherit.

Blessed is the lamb
whose blood flows.

Blessed are the sat upon,
spat upon, ratted on,

O lord, why have you forsaken me?

I got no place to go,
I’ve walked around Soho
for the last night or so.

Ah, but it doesn’t matter, no.

Blessed is the land
and the kingdom.

Blessed is the man
whose soul belongs to.

Blessed are the meth drinkers,
pot sellers, illusion dwellers.

O lord, why have you forsaken me?

My words trickle down, like a wound
That I have no intention to heal.

Blessed are the stained glass, window pane glass.

Blessed is the church service
makes me nervous

Blessed are the penny rookers,
cheap hookers, groovy lookers.

O lord, why have you forsaken me?

I have tended my own garden
Much too long.

-Paul Simon

Compare it to this passage

3"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
5Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
6Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
7Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
8Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
9Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
10Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

and contrast it with this song.




No comments: