Monday, March 17, 2008

Mind Games, Over

My job, and by that I mean act my IRL job at the library, is paralleling my blogsophere existence.

It was that stupid guitar. It was vanity and it was pride. I repent of these sins and resolve to do better next time. I can understand now why 19th Century Quakers did not believe in music at all, because it unintentionally fosters this stuff.

I played guitar and musicians hold sway in ways never anticipated.

And the swagger of pride and vanity is a powerful force.

Obama has a swagger. Before he gave the speech at the 2004 Convention, he said, rather cockily, I'm LeBron, baby.

Implying that he was a superhero. And he then proceeded to give a hell of a speech.

For those I offended, I am sorry. I am no emperor, no princely figure, but merely a flawed creature just as human as you are. And when I rise, so will you all rise with me. I do not forget my netroots.

Would you really like confession time?

Here it is.

God, I hope this isn't a mistake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CK -

Are you a survivor?

Regards,

Tengrain