Thursday, May 19, 2011

Light Years



I think she said
It's like a kiss from God
Then she laughed
Still I found it odd

That I'm only realizing just how
She is light years away from me now

"Have you seen the stars above from the roof?"
She repeated while I acted aloof

‘Cause the only thing on my mind
Was the light years between our own kind

Still I'll likely come when you call
Addiction is sweet, will I savor the fall?
But if you hit the bottom floor
Will I still hear a knock at my door?

I don't hear from you so much anymore
And I wonder if you're still going to score
With the stars that are shooting tonight
I keep track of them upon this flight

Still I like to come when you call
Addiction is sweet, that much I recall
But if you hit the bottom floor
You will see the light above my door

And the stars that are shooting tonight
I'll keep track of them before this flight

No comments: