Wednesday, August 20, 2008

David Brooks At It Again

The Education of McCain

Brooks is still taking swipes at the blogosphere. As evidenced here...

McCain started out with the same sort of kibitzing campaign style that he used to woo the press back in 2000. It didn’t work. This time there were too many cameras around and too many 25-year-old reporters and producers seizing on every odd comment to set off little blog scandals.

If I didn't know any better, I'd interpret this as a cry of panic. For every column like this one that I read which rips into bloggers for their supposedly unprofessional, anything-goes mentality towards reporting the truth, I see how threatened the mainstream media is by citizen journalists. There's such a wealth of information provided all of us, we can see our candidates in technicolor and not have to rely on the media to do our thinking for us.

2 comments:

Bradda said...

I was just talking with my better half about this today. I told her that the days of Cronkite are gone and the MSM will only get worse. Now I think maybe the blogs are the only thing keeping reality and sanity afloat!

Life As I Know It Now said...

Exactly! And boy don't it piss them off. We can see what is out there and think for ourselves, thank you very much.