Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pictures of Fall

Dear Readership,

I was getting myself all angry. A long time ago I realized that I have two options on days like this: lie in bed all day and feel sorry for myself, or push myself to keep going. Naturally, I chose the latter.

This it to say, I have been meaning to leave comments on many of your own individual blogs. Please don't think I don't care about you all and don't read your words on a daily basis. Nothing is more annoying than lurkers, so I do make a point to make my appreciation known.

Fifty or so blogs are bookmarked inside Firefox. I read over about ten earlier today and had every desire to leave substantive, thought-provoking comments like normal. But the words didn't come. It was an effort just to think and my perfectionism reared its ugly head.

A voice entered my head. It said, do what you can. It's your birthday, for God's sake. It doesn't always have to be balls to the wall. Relax.

It's a beautiful day outside, for weirdos like me, at least.

Overcast, dreary, cold, rainy.

I sat outside in the rain and took a few pictures. Enjoy.



2 comments:

Fran said...

Comment, lurk, whatever.
Be you.

Just be you.

Anonymous said...

A belated Happy Birthday, Kevin! May this be your best year yet!