Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Health Update



Yesterday's Urologist visit revealed that I likely have two epididymal cysts. The largest is outside my right testis, while the smallest is outside my left. The process by which these cysts (also known as spermatoceles) were detected (which involved hands sheathed in rubber gloves) was equal parts humiliating and painful. So, a scrotal ultrasound will be performed next week, to determine conclusively what exists and to determine whether what is detected needs to be surgically removed.

Here we go again.

2 comments:

Gail said...

Oh Kevin- it all sounds so unsettling, invasive and uncomfortable. I feel very badly for you. You are VERY brave.
Love and prayers
Gail
peace.....

Murr Brewster said...

I do love the snap of rubber gloves in the morning.

Well, whatever happens, make sure that if they go excavating in there, they actually take it out.