Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Butchie's Tune




Don't give me a place
for my memories to stay
Don't show me an end
or a light to find the way

I ain't got time
for the things on your mind

And I'm leaving you today
On my way

Please don't you cry
when the time to part has come

It's not for what you've said
or anything that you've done
I've got to go anywhere any time

And I'm leaving, gone today
On my way
I'm going home

Please don't stick around to see
me when I'm feeling low
Don't pass the cards to me
to deal the crushing blow

I'll even close the door
so you won't see me go

When I'm leaving, gone today
I'm on my way

I'll walk away like
a shadow in the night
I won't give cause for you
to feel we have to fight

I'll make it easy so
that you won't really - quite

Know I'm leaving you today
On my way
And now I'm going.

No comments: