Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Health Update

Haven't posted one of these in a while, have I?

Today I visited the Primary Care Physician. I've had multiple colds in a short period of time and sought to understand precisely why. What I have is actually a lung infection that has likely lain dormant for months. It has never been adequately treated, nor completely out of my system, which would explain why it hung around for so long. Fortunately, a course of strong antibiotics should get rid of the infection within a week or so.

I also have a condition called Cheliosis. This is a vitamin/nutritional deficiency. What I thought were cold sores were cracks at the sides of my lips, due to malnutrition, essentially. My body doesn't have enough riboflavin or iron in its system right now. I'm supposed to start taking a multivitamin and to force myself to eat more balanced meals.

With time, Testosterone Replacement Therapy and the Aromatase Inhibitor caused my appetite to plunge. Or, at least that's the only likely cause of which I can think. I've found in the last several months that I just wasn't hungry, or that when I did eat, I ate mostly carbohydrates and sugars. Sometimes in seeking to fix one problem, another is created in its place.

No comments: