Friday, November 19, 2010

Untogether



I was friendly with this girl
who insisted on touching my face.

She told outrageous stories, I believed them
‘till the endings were changing
from endings before

She's not touching me anymore.

Untogether, I couldn't help her,
I got hard.
You can try your life.
You can’t save the unsavory untogether.

I was shipwrecked with this frog
who was endlessly testing my faith.

He made outrageous demands
I ignored him,
till I strapped on my boat feet
and surfed into shore.

He's not touching me anymore.

Untogether, I couldn't help him,
I got hard.
You can try your life.
You can’t change the unchangeably untogether.

Now the bird nest on my back
keeps me turning and straining to see.
We threw outrageous parties, we were golden
Now the bird keeps its distance and I keep my speed.

Sometimes there's no poison like a dream.

Untogether, I couldn't help it,
I got hard.
You can dry your eyes.
You can't hold the impossibly untogether.

No comments: