Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Testing Faith

I have had several incidents test my faith recently.

The first was getting over my head into a job that I could barely handle.

The second was being involved in a church with an interim minister who believed that the best way to handle a crisis was to shuffle things under the rug and favor the one who had given the most money and had the most influence.

I think about how sin builds upon sin. I think about what a human response retaliation is and as I go to court Thursday to fight my harasser, who is still allowed into the church, I guess all I want really is an apology.

I want a heartfelt "I'm sorry for putting you through all of this." I may never obtain it, but that's all I really want.

2 comments:

jim.mcfarland said...

"The second was being involved in a church with an interim minister who believed that the best way to handle a crisis was to shuffle things under the rug and favor the one who had given the most money and had the most influence."

I am now catching up on blog reading after I fell way behind during a job search and then starting a new job...

Can you elaborate on this comment I have quoted?

Comrade Kevin said...

I was being harassed by an ex-girlfriend. She threatened a restraining order against me if I joined the church at the same time she did. She hacked into my e-mail as well. I went so far as to go to court with her but I dropped the charges because I figured it wasn't worth the hassle. Court fights are draining and stressful.

At any rate, she had been at the church longer than I had. She had two kids in church. And they took her side and asked me not to attend for six months. So I lost my social network and had to essentially stop going to church and participating in my small group functions.

I don't find this particularly fair nor right.