Thursday, March 03, 2016
Name the Trump Quotation
For the sake of something different, let’s play a game. The name of this game is called “Pick the Donald Trump quotation.” I will caution those who want to participate that this contest may be more challenging than it seems at first.
I’ll begin with a familiar theme. Examine the ten direct quotations to follow. Name the speaker.
1. Tolerance? What does that mean? I am a very tolerant and hospitable person, like you. Would you accept 12 illegal immigrants moving into your [home]? You would not! On top of that, they start to remove the wallpaper! Some of them would steal your wallet and brutalize your wife. You would not accept that! Consequently, we are hospitable, but we decide with whom we want to be.
2. I am a conservative. I intend to give the American people a clear choice. I welcome a fight between our philosophy and the liberal left-wing dogma which now threatens to engulf every man, woman, and child in the United States. I am in this race because I believe the American people have been pushed around long enough and that they, like you and I, are fed up with the continuing trend toward a socialist state which now subjects the individual to the dictates of an all-powerful central government.
3. We have places in London and other places that are so radicalized that the police are afraid for their own lives. We have to be very smart and very vigilant.
4. You will never learn what I am thinking. And those who boast most loudly that they know my thoughts, to such people I lie even more.
5. If I'm the president of the United States, I walk right into Union Square, I set up my little presidential podium, and I say, "Listen, citizens of San Francisco, if you vote against military recruiting, you're not going to get another nickel in federal funds. Fine. You want to be your own country? Go right ahead.
6. I don’t want to see this country resemble or look like or become like Mexico. Mexico is great to visit, I’ve been there a few times. I respect all peoples of the world.
7. These are people that are outside the country, so we're really not talking about the Constitution. And it's not about religion. This is about safety. This has nothing to do with religion. It's about safety.
8. There must be an authority, and we believe that the most qualified authority in a household is the man's.
9. To sum it all up, I must say that I regret nothing.
10. If you can't get rich dealing with politicians, there's something wrong with you.
Answers (Don’t Peek)
1. Marine Le Pen, current leader of the French Far-Right party, Front National
2. George Wallace, former Alabama governor and third-party Presidential candidate
3. Donald Trump
4. Adolf Hitler
5. Bill O’Reilly, conservative talk show host
6. David Duke, Neo-Nazi
7. Donald Trump
8. Jean-Marie Le Pen, former leader of Front National
9. Adolf Eichmann, ex-Nazi executed for war crimes
10. Donald Trump