Thursday, September 20, 2012

Friday Posting Change

I'm going to be busy on Friday mornings starting eight days from today. Friday posting will probably be sporadic for the rest of the year. If I have time beforehand, I'll post, but I can't promise anything.

Due to the fact that medication has been ineffective, I will now be undergoing weekly sessions of Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation, or PTNS. Having an overactive bladder is likely one of the more embarrassing ailments a person can have. It's also one of the most annoying, due to the fact that I pee about ten times more than I need to during the course of a day. It's begun to take over my life, which is the reason for the involved procedure to begin next week.

At night, I get up to go about eight or nine times. This is excessive. I first noticed the problem around six or seven years ago and it has steadily worsened since then. Though older adults are usually diagnosed with an overactive bladder, the condition can sometimes affect those in their twenties or thirties. I am in heavy pursuit of results, though I'm told it takes six full sessions for a change to be felt.  

No comments: