Sunday, February 20, 2011

Art for Art's Sake



I have taken to documenting, visually, parts of my body recently affected by health issues. This allows me to closely observe where, in this example, Estradiol is too high. I can then best explain it to doctors or even e-mail pertinent images when needed. As for this picture, I doubt most people would even know what to even look for. What you can see looks fairly normal unless you have some knowledge of the symptoms.

Most of these pictures are fairly nondescript and not terribly compelling, but a few of them appeared as though they had artistic merit. These seemed worth displaying publicly, assuming they were subtly tweaked first. I don't know a whole lot about Photoshop, but I did manage to experiment here and there with filters and effects. The result is interesting, at least. I'm not sure how many of them I'm going to put up here, but sometimes the process of experimentation is often worthwhile.

If you wish, click on the picture to view the image at its full size.

No comments: