Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seeking Clarity Before I Depart

In a few minutes, I'll be on my way to the YAF Gathering. We should have been underway already but our ride is a good two hours late. Hence, this is reason why I am frequently averse to last minute road trip plans. They nearly always arrive with unforeseen complications. I'm trying not to complain too much, but if I had known that we wouldn't be underway until 9, I wouldn't have had to rise at 5 this morning and rush to get ready in time to catch a bus that arrived at 6:10 a.m.

Tonight I'll be crashing at the home of a Friend in Missouri, slightly outside of St. Louis. We'll wake up early tomorrow morning and drive into Wichita, since we need to be on site between 3 and 5 p.m. in time to register. I have six days worth of clothes with me, along with all the other amenities, plus bedsheets and towels, since neither will be provided once there. We'll be staying at student dorms in a Quaker university, hence the reason for the spartan accommodations. In many ways, I suppose it's like staying in a hostel.

Assuming I'm not too exhausted and wireless is available, I'll try to update later tonight.

No comments: