Monday, May 25, 2009

This Boy

Though this song was only a B-side (to "I Want to Hold Your Hand", no less), I have always liked it. It's very different from most of the other early Beatles songs and the original version features some strong three-part harmonies. Naturally there's no way for me to mimic those and the relatively primitive technology in making a performance video makes it difficult to add them in to a live take.

I think it's kind of interesting to hear how the song sounds with just one voice.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Hi Kev-

I love the Beatle's, love that song, and I really enjoyed it in 'one voice' - your voice.

Happy Memorial Day,

Love Gail
peace....

Mauigirl said...

Nice!! I always liked that song as well - better than many other Beatles songs.

Anonymous said...

:thumbs up:

Do another one!