Sunday, June 01, 2008

Happiness is a Warm Gun



Bang bang
shoot shoot


She's not a girl
who misses much

Do do do do do do do do

She's well acquainted
with the touch of the velvet hand
Like a lizard on a window pane.

The man in the crowd
with the multicoloured mirrors

On his hobnail boots
Lying with his eyes
while his hands are busy

Working overtime
A soap impression
of his wife which he ate

And donated to the National Trust.

I need a fix
'cause I'm going down

Down to the bits
that I left uptown

I need a fix cause
I'm going down

Mother Superior jump the gun
Mother Superior jump the gun
Mother Superior jump the gun
Mother Superior jump the gun.

Happiness is a warm gun
Happiness is a warm gun
When I hold you in my arms
And I feel my finger on your trigger

I know no one can do me no harm
Because happiness is a warm gun
Yes it is.

No comments: