Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Pfft.

Thanks to my stat counter, I can see the particular keywords that lead people to my page.

This showed up as a google search.

robin, edgar, and, unitarians, who, make, fun, other, peoples, religious, beliefs

I try to curb my hypercritical attitudes but there are certain religious beliefs that I feel to be a little wacky. By this I mean fundamentalist Christianity and Mormonism. I wasn't aware that Unitarianism lends itself to mocking other peoples' religious beliefs. Though I am no longer a Unitarian, I do have a certain history with the faith and I made an attempt to not come across as scathingly condemning when I broke ranks.

I don't know why this bothers me, but it does.

1 comment:

Robin Edgar said...

Thanks for posting that Comrade Kevin. Regardless of whether or not Unitarianism actually lends itself to mocking other peoples' religious beliefs you can be sure that no shortage of Unitarians aka Unitarian*Universalists aka U*Us engage in mocking other peoples' religious beliefs. Quite regrettably the rest of the U*U fold tends to sheepishly stand by and allow such intolerance and mockery to go unchecked if not outright condone it and support it.